Ways that I know that it is far colder and drier than any self respecting Seattle weather pattern should aspire to be:
- It hasn’t broken freezing in the shade two days running.
- My electric heat is working full time to keep the temperature five degrees below the set temperature.
- I’ve turned on the heat in the bedroom for the first time in two years.
- I’m wearing my fleece and my east coast blizzard worthy parka.
And most of all:
- For two days running when I’ve swung my messenger-bag around to the front to sit down on the bus, the static electricity generated by it as it rubs along my coat has bee sufficient to generate audible crackling in my iPod earbuds.
It’s not that I’ve gone soft… It’s just… disorienting!