August 31, 2007 11:24 PM
I just discovered something odd… MT used to use SmartyPants to translate typography elements (such as quotes and em dashes) when using Textile 2 text formatting (as well, of course, as when using Markdown).
For a moment I thought it had stopped when I saw –– in one of my old entries instead of the — that they should have been translated into. But it’s stranger. Turns out all my static pages, get the Textile right, but don’t use SmartyPants (or any other html entities translator). However, my dynamic pages get it right.
Ummm… Hopefully someone will get on that real soon now, so as to not force me to learn about Movable Type text formatters and take matters into my own hands.
Also, MT seems to think I’m in Mountain time in spite of my best efforts to convince it that I’m in Pacific. Or maybe it stopped respecting daylight savings… Interestingly this only applies to the date applied to entries. The “Last auto-save” message tells me the correct time. shrug
Update (typography fixed): I fixed the typography problem by manually turning SmartyPants on in all of my static templates, adding
smarty_pants="1" to the tags that write out content that might have typography elements in them (
Still no idea what the time shifted-by-one-hour time-stamp thing is all about, though.